The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryWe invite applications from suitably qualified person to fill the position of Editorial Officer.
Main purpose of job:
Co-ordinating of all the processes involved in preparing accepted manuscripts for print and open access publications
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Edit manuscripts accepted for publication in the subscription and open access journals for grammar, style, syntax, and content
- Proofreading of all manuscripts and abstracts for journals and supplements, including first and second galley proofs and dummies before printing
- Communicate with authors, reviewers and subscribers as needed
- Ensure that all supplements published by the Journal meet the deadline for the various conferences/meetings annually
- Submission of meta-data of abstracts for individual article published ahead of print and published articles in a whole issue to relevant indexing agencies
- Preparation of running list of accepted papers that have been edited but not yet assigned an issue
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in editing and proofreading of written content and scholarly publications
- Experience working with a range of software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to adapt to different audiences.
- Highly organized, able to effectively develop and manage own work programme with minimum supervision,
- Time management Skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
Qualifications and experience:
- BSc. in Mass Communication and/or journalism, BA in English or a related discipline
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in journalism, professional writing or communications- related roles
- Applicants must submit an application letter along with their curriculum vitae giving full particulars of qualifications, experience, names and contact information for three references.
The University recognize the time and effort it takes to apply for a position and thanks all applicants, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.