The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for installation, maintenance and repair of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures on the AUTEC Project.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Connects all types of wire to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components
- Join the wires in boxes with various specially designed connectors.
- After installation of the wiring, use testing equipment, such as ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to check the circuits for proper connections, ensuring electrical compatibility, and safety of components.
- Periodically inspects electrical equipment to ensure it is operating properly, and locate and correct problems before breakdowns occur.
- Ensures work environment meets all safety and environmental requirements.
- During installation, electricians use hand tools such as conduit benders, screwdrivers, pliers, knives, hacksaws, and wire strippers, as well as power tools such as drills and saws.
- Audits supply inventories and bench stock to ensure that usage is consistent with scheduled work activities.
- Performs some electrical installation as part of new construction including underground utility work.
- Coordinates digging and climbing permits as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) years related experience working in Electrician environment.
- Journeyman License preferred.
- Tower climbing certification preferred
- Valid Driver’s License and passport will be required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Word and Excel.
- Must be experienced in the use of a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Proficient in reading and understanding drawings, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be able to get in and out of bucket truck, access roofs by ladder, climb in and out of utility trenches and on occasion, confined spaces.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing and coordinating work load.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of personnel in a multi-cultural team-oriented environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security clearance; US Citizenship is required.