The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Endocrinologist – Locum
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Endocrinologist – Locum at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
The Endocrinologist Locum will be responsible for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients, as well as the effective management and coordination of care. He or she will provide medical care by interviewing, examining and treating patients as necessary. This individual is responsible for gathering and organizing patient data and case history from various sources including the patient, family, nurses, specialists and other care practitioners. The Physician orders and evaluates diagnostic and laboratory testing as required.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitors indicators, audits and endocrinology outcome measures. Reports to be submitted to required individuals and or relevant committees as necessary
- Suggests the necessary resources to provide an effective endocrinology service
- Collaborates with other specialists with an emphasis on holistic care for the individual and communicates between the community and specialist colleagues to support coordination of care
- Assesses, diagnoses and treats endocrine disease related problems through a combination of patient history, examination, treatment, testing, hospitalization if needed, medication and/or referral to relevant services
- Evaluates clinical data on patient referred to the service and assess their physical status
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Certified Endocrinologist
- 2-3 year program that focuses on metabolism, diabetes and endocrinology training in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- Current registration with Medical Council in relevant jurisdiction
- Eligible to register with Bermuda Medical Council