The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Engineer/Snr. Engineer, CARIMAC
Job SummaryThe University of the West Indies, Mona Campus invite applications from suitable persons to fill the position of Engineer/Snr. Engineer, CARIMAC.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- A Masters or minimum of Bachelors degree in Broadcast Engineering/ Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Information Systems Operation & Technology/ Computer Science;
- Demonstrated experience in electronic or computer engineering using communication equipment;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the area of broadcast or Electronic/IT engineering management in an academic institution;
Applicants who also possess the following will be a distinct advantage:
- Working knowledge of audio-visual links, ability to repair faults in broadcasting systems and try to limit equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to apply digital (and analogue) theory and work from diagrammatic information;
- Ability to operate and maintain broadcasting hardware and IT systems and repair them.
- Good detection and problem solving skills and the capacity to solve technical problems in a creative way;
- Sufficient colour vision and hearing
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Superb time management skills;
- Strong communication and people skills;
- Ability to work well in teams;
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.