The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Professional
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Professional to join the Environment, Health and Safety Department at the Halse Hall, Clarendon location.
Under the direction of the EHS Manager, the position is accountable for:
- Providing technical support for the assigned areas of the Refinery, Residue and Port operations focused on the objectives of Jamalco’s Safety Management Programs, Procedures and Plans;
- Providing technical guidance for the assigned areas of the Fatal and Serious Injury Prevention, Refinery Safety Management, Port Safety focused on the objectives of Jamalco’s HS Management System, programs and plans;
- Providing highly specialized process knowledge and professional Safety expertise for establishing, maintaining, and continuously improving control and capability of refinery processes and port operations to achieve the EHS Policies and to comply with Jamalco’s Safety procedures and government regulations;
- Communicating with government regulatory agencies in matters regarding safety regulations, permit conditions, resolving safety compliance issues and influencing proposed revised and new regulations;
- Representing the organization before government agencies for the purposes of safety regulations. Ensuring the location full compliance with Ministry of Mining Health and Safety Regulations and Port Regulations.
- Recommending and implementing approved state of the art Safety management systems, designed to integrate planning, implementation, measurement and evaluation to ensure continuous improvement in location safety performance.
- Maintaining and improving the department JBS processes for continuous improvements and leadership of assigned JBS processes to ensure continue department EHS management system effectiveness.
Qualification and Experience
To be considered you must have:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Environment, Chemistry, Chemical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering or Physical, Biological or Chemical Sciences;
- A minimum of three (3) years work experience gained through in-depth work with environmental control technology, production processes and unit operation in the Bauxite/Alumina Industry;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, consultants, government agencies and visitors;
- Proficient in the execution of technical data accumulation, management and interpretation duties.
- Strong leadership skills
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.