The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe National Solid Waste Management Authority invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Environmental Officer.
The Enforcement Officer is primarily responsible to ensure that the regulations of the National Solid Waste Management Act 2001, are enforced, as it relates to solid waste.
Objectives of the position:
- Under the supervision of the Investigation Unit, assist in the collection of evidence and intelligence gathering as it relates to breaches of the National Solid Waste Management Act, 2001, more particularly littering and illegal dumping;
- To report any illegal activities seen on their beat to further the efforts of the organization to deter littering and increase compliance with the provisions of the NSWM Act;
- To issue Tickets and Notices and maintain records as it relates to the NSWM Act and Regulations;
- To attend the Resident Magistrate Court in support of enforcement actions resulting from prosecutions;
- To supplement the security needs of the Authority as required;
- To assist in ensuring that internal/external standards and procedures are adhered to;
- To participate in the furtherance of public education as it relates to the proper management of solid.
- 3 CXC/CSEC Subjects – English Language a compulsory
- 5 years working experience in the area of enforcement or security (PVT/JCF/JDF)
- Ability to communicate effectively written and orally
- Ability to carry out task without constant supervision
- Ability to write statements
- Ability to represent the agency in Court in furtherance of enforcement activities
- An aptitude to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work as a team member.