The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Secretary 1 (OPS/SS 4)
Job SummaryTo provide direct secretarial support to the Hon Minister
- Secretarial support provided ad required
- The Ministry of Health may determines such other duties and responsibilities as from time to time
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Provide secretarial services to the Hon. Minister by handling a wide variety of situations and conflicts
- Handle large volume of confidential information, queries, request and complaints from internal and external clients requiring prompt and urgent attention
- Schedule appointments and brief the Hon. Minister before the scheduled meetings
- Take notes and arranges activities relating to reviews and meetings
- Compose letters and memoranda from general instructions and answer routine correspondence
- Liaise with the Hon. Minister and members of staff and other officers
- Interview visitors and callers to determine the nature of enquiries and route to the relevant officers for attention
- Handle incoming/outgoing correspondence for necessary attention or action
- Any other duties assigned
- Functional/Technical Competencies
- Knowledge of Ministry of Health’s Policies and procedures
- High level of confidentiality, responsibility, flexibility, alertness and pro-activeness.
- Ability to make sound judgment, exercise initiative and cope well under pressure.
- Willingness to pursue matters to finality.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) CXC or O’Levels
- Secretarial Diploma From a recognized institution
- Five (5) years related experience