The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Executive Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs
Job SummaryOur client, a renowned higher education institution with various campuses, is searching for an academic strategist with a desire to ignite change.
The Executive Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs serves as the chief academic officer of the university and will oversee the encouragement of scientific investigation, academic personnel development, clinical training, academic strategic planning, program review and improvement, accreditation, budget development, and program development.
- Guide the university’s academic programs into the future.
- Collaborate with the President to develop and implement institutional norms.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the public and private accrediting agencies in Puerto Rico and United States.
- Evaluate, monitor, and audit the academic programs being offered by the university.
- Maintain regular communication with executive directors, academic committees, and the university community.
- Plan and implement the evaluation process for faculty members, to ensure an effective professional development.
- Prepare and submit the annual budget.
- Execute the institutional vision and steer academic efforts towards the obtainment of the strategic goals.
- Lead all institutional appraisal efforts.
- Accountable for the successful implementation of institutional policies across campuses.
- Serve as liaison for publicity efforts concerning academic affairs.
- Doctorate degree from an accredited institution, EdD highly
- 10 years of experience in similar roles and teaching experiences in higher education institutions, a must.
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of computers and computer programs to support management systems and basic office functions
- Experience in accreditation and self-evaluation
Able to travel to and from the United States