The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Facilities Manager will be responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities
Responsible for managing the design, planning, construction and maintenance of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities; for the budgets and schedules facilities modifications, including estimates on equipment, labour, materials and other related costs; for facilities health and safety management and implementation of management control processes and procedures.
DIMENSIONS OF POSITION
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Facilities Manager is required to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance and the proper operation of all aspects of Head Office and the Service Stations/Terminals to create an optimal, safe and cost effective environment for the staff and customers to function; must also monitor and assess the Engineering needs of GuyOil; and liaises with the Security Section and the Health, Safety & Environment Section on the design and development of programmes to ensure a safe environment for GuyOil’s human and physical assets.
In this regard, the Incumbent must maintain requirements related to office layouts to include: the minimum amount of space to be provided per staff member; fire safety arrangements; lighting levels; signage; ventilation; temperature control and welfare arrangements and lunch room facilities.
The Facilities Manager must also ensure that the maintenance, testing and inspection schedules of equipment are effected and operating safely and efficiently to maximize the life of equipment and reduce the risk of failure.
The Incumbent is required to plan, assign and direct work for team members, ensuring goals/expectations are set and clarified, regular feedback provided and appraisals conducted.
The Incumbent is also responsible for oversight of the day-to-day cleaning operations of GuyOil’s facilities and offices and supervise outsourced tasks as well as those carried out directly by persons employed.
The Facilities Manager must determine on an annual basis the ‘Major Job Objectives’ for each aspect of the Work Programme of the Facilities Management Division and identify and discuss with
Subordinates the ‘Key Results Areas’ to be used as determinants to their performance results on a quarterly basis.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES TO ATTAIN ACCOUNTABILITY OBJECTIVES:
- OVERSEES the coordination of building space allocation and layout, communication services and facility expansion.
- ENSURES effective constant communication of all maintenance construction related projects and issues to Engineers and other related personnel.
- OVERSEES the preparation, analysis, negotiation and review of contracts related to the purchase or sale of equipment, materials, supplies products or services.
- DEVELOPS and IMPLEMENTS a Facilities Management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- AUDITS facility and utility systems for maintenance and operational efficiency.
- MANAGES facility contract services including electricians, utility operators ensuring vendor performance is up to expectation. NEGOTIATES contracts to optimize delivery and cost saving.
- OVERSEES plant energy costs and efficiency. RESEARCHES and IMPLEMENTS projects and programs to continually reduce energy costs and improved utilization.
- UNDERSTANDS the engineering environmental activities including air, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, and solid waste. MAINTAINS of all pollution control devices.
- MAINTAINS the condition of the Offices, arranging for necessary repairs and overseeing renovation services.
- ARRANGES regular testing for electrical and mechanical equipment and safety devices.
- PURCHASES printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; NEGOTIATES prices, quality and delivery.
- PROVIDES supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mail desk, kitchen; ESTABLISHES policies, procedures and work schedules.
- IDENTIFIES communication system’s needs; EVALUATES options and MAINTAINS equipment.
- ORGANISES and COORDINATES special Projects; PLANS, ARRANGES, MEETS, SCHEDULES and MONITORS results.
- ENSURES contracts, insurance requirements and government regulations and safety standards are properly followed.
- PREPARES documents to put out tenders for contractors.
- HANDLES the acquisition, distribution and storage of equipment and supplies.
- WORKS overnight on-call duty and during non-standard hours when need arises.
MANAGEMENT JOB DESCRIPTION EVALUATION: QUALIFICATIONS PROFILE
University First Degree in Engineering with technical training in Management from an accredited educational institution. Knowledge of computer systems is essential to the job.
A minimum of five years’ organisational experience in a management position. Experience in construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operations.
Supervises and coordinates the delivery of critical support services on which the Divisions/Departments must rely. These include Mechanical, Civil & Electrical services.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS, CASH, ETC
Responsible for the coordination of space, related to the organisation and infrastructure for GuyOil, maintenance, real estate and property management and oversight of the Engineering Services Department.
Must ensure conformity to performance standards applicable to all areas under supervision, including vehicle maintenance, specifications in electrics, mechanics, carpentry as well as acceptable levels of hygiene.
QUALITY OF WORK
The Incumbent is responsible for ensuring the coordination of space for the GuyOil’s operations to run smoothly. Must preside over the facilities management process allocating office space, overseeing the mail desk, materials, scheduling and other administrative functions.
Analyses Project documents, plans, proposals to make informed decisions. Reviews operational reports, statements of expenditure, consumption and usage records to facilitate planning and adjustments as necessary. Inspects systems to determine preventative maintenance needs.
Extensive knowledge of complex processes, techniques and practices. Work requires knowledge of: planning, monitoring and evaluation methods and technical directives including marketing and research processes. The employee must also use judgement and ingenuity in developing applications to specific areas of work.
The interpersonal relationships at this level are with high-ranking officials both within and external to GuyOil in structured or unstructured settings; as well as with clients and staff. Considerable persuasive ability or tact may be required to handle the contacts.
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
Very broad range of maintenance and coordinating activities in overseeing support services. Must also monitor facilities for security services and for ensuring the availability of materials.
The working environment consists of moderate risks or discomforts which might require special safety precautions. Required to undertake site visits to Service Stations/Terminals.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.