The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Facilities Technician is responsible for executing assigned corrective and /or preventive maintenance on equipment and plant facilities.
- Assist in the repair, inspection of system (mechanical –electrical), set-up and debug of utilities and building equipment, including installation and start-up.
- Responsible for the mechanical upgrading and/or modification (if necessary) of the equipment used in utilities, building and ground areas in order to improve machine or system reliability and /or increase machine productivity.
- Assist the Facilities /Engineering department in the implementation of special projects.
- Perform appropriate as is required mechanical installation of accessories and/or facilities equipment such as sump pumps, heaters, transformers, etc.
- Requisitions new parts and equipment.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Could be assigned mechanical assistance (i.e. helpers, apprentices) for his supervision.
- Make arrangement and correction if necessary to eliminate any threat for the personal (safety hazards). Need to report any unusual circumstance to the area leaders.
- Install equipment with the right personal, engineering, contractors, facility inspectors upon request.
- Comply with update OSHA regulations in plant operations.
- Keeps strictly all documentation that applies to job execution duties.
- Comply with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as Aspen Surgical GMP’s and Quality Control company procedures.
- Perform facility maintenance and repairs.
- Vocational Degree or Associate Degree in a Technical matter (Electrical, Mechanical Plumbing and/or Refrigeration).
- Industrial Mechanic Diploma and/or Refrigeration Technician, Plumber from Accredited in College or Vocational School. Update P.R. License required in all craft.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience as refrigeration technician, certified plumber and industrial mechanic or equivalent.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience or knowledge in electrical failures troubleshooting.
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience in utility equipment, Boiler, Air Compressor, Dust Collector, Coolant System, Water Ionize, RO, HVAC System and Vacuum Pump.