The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Faculty Development Specialist
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Faculty Development Specialist.
Qualification and Experience
- Postgraduate qualification at the doctorate level, EdD or PhD, in Education, Curriculum Design or Instructional/Educational Technology.
- Candidates should also possess expertise in the assigned areas: curriculum design, faculty development and eLearning.
- To develop, plan and facilitate professional development workshops, including curriculum design, teaching and learning strategies, techniques and models of teaching and learning, assessment strategies and technology integration.
- To teach in CETL’s teaching and learning programmes.
- To engage in training and other activities that promote learner-centred instruction.
- To prepare teaching and learning materials for CETL workshops and adapt materials for CETL’s website.
- To liaise with Faculties/Departments in order to identify their training needs with respect to teaching and learning in a student-centred environment.
- To provide Faculty with current best practices in all facets of teaching, assessment and technology integration.
- To review courses and curricula, and make recommendations consistent with goals and objectives of good practice in higher education.
- To facilitate the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning (SoTL) at the St. Augustine campus.
The Centre places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills and must be student-centered. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have the:
- Excellent pedagogical skills.
- Ability to carry out a research agenda.
- Evidence of effective administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to participate in University life (Administration, conference organization and committees) and community outreach.