The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Faculty in Computer Science
Job SummaryThe Department of Computer and Computational Sciences in the College of Science and Mathematics at UVI invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions at all ranks beginning August 2017.
- Commitment to quality undergraduate teaching, continuing scholarship, and university and community service is required.
- The successful candidate must be able to teach a wide range of undergraduate courses.
- Other responsibilities include research, advising, and service.
The successful candidate will be expected to participate and take a role in outreach activities geared towards increasing the enrollment of the department, contribute towards gaining ABET accreditation, as well as take a role in developing new curriculum to address the employment needs of the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- A Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Exceptional candidates with a Master in Computer Science or related field and proven industry experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Must possess a record of or potential for achievement in teaching, academic research and service.
- Applicants with research and teaching interests in operating systems, networking, cyber security or data sciences are preferred.