The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Guyana Oil Company Limited is seeking a dynamic individual with extensive Managerial experience for the position of Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director, and will be required to perform the following duties for GUYOIL and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare management accounts in accordance with internal procedures, as well as accounting policies governed by IFRS including analysis to highlight key performance indicators, to management and the board of directors.
- Manage working capital of the company by ensuring that all suppliers are paid accurately and timely, all revenue is collected within agreed terms and cash positions reflecting banking terms.
- Reconcile and Manage on a monthly basis all control accounts, which would also include intercompany accounts.
- Prepare annual budget on a timely basis for submission to the Minister of Finance. Lead the process to ensure that strategic goals and targets set for the financial year are achieved.
- Compare actual performance with budgeted on a monthly basis.
- Support the Operations Manager and the Inventory and Procurement Manager, in making prudent business decision
- Support the Managing Director, in providing accurate and timely data on the performance of the company.
- Maintain up to date records of all statutory and non-statutory books for the Company.
- Liaise with external service providers e.g. banks, auditors & tax advisers. Ensure clean year-end audit achieved within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for contributing to the designing, implementing and enforcing an effective control system for the Company.
- Support to the preparation of Cooperation, Property and Value Added Tax, and any other applicable taxes
- Prepare monthly reports for internal circulation such as cash flow statement, performance indicators along with explanation, comparative reports of budgeted performance against actual.
- Preparation of financial statements and analytical report for management and shareholders.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- 5 years post qualification experience in a Finance Management post
- Strong working knowledge of the preparation of management and statutory accounts
- Strong understanding of IFRS and GAAP
- ACCA or equivalent professional qualification holder
- Knowledge of ACCPAC will be an asset
Salary and Benefit
The Salary of the above position will commensurate with the selected candidates qualification and experience