The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Finance Manager, President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for employment, on contract, for the position of Finance Manager, President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief for a period of three (3) years, in the Ministry of Health.
Liaises with the Tobago HIV/AIDS Coordinating Committee (THACC), the Ministry of Health and relevant US agencies e.g. Centre for Disease Control (CDC) and US Agency for International Development (USAID) to account for project fund disbursements and expenditures in accordance with the financial requirements of the funding agency and the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The Finance Manager would work in close collaboration with the Finance and Accounts Department in the Ministry of Health and any authorized auditing agency to ensure transparent and competent financial accountability.
Length of Contract
Three (3) years
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Maintains financial procedures in accordance with financial guidelines of the CDC, USAID and other PEPFAR implementing agencies.
Ensures that adequate internal controls exists to safeguard the assets of the project.
Conducts Project budget preparations, monitoring and revision activities.
Has overall responsibility for payment transactions according to the project and in consultation with the Project Coordinator, carries out all preparations, applications and documentation of payment transaction.
Supervises monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
Ensures that accounting records are up to date.
Draws down on funds from the Payment Management Information System (PMIS).
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Postgraduate Degree or professional qualification in Accounting/Financial Management.
- At least three (3) years of experience in financial management, particularly in the design of financial management procedures and in managing computer-based, financial management systems, accounting and auditing.
- Experience and knowledge in international accounting and auditing standards.
- Knowledge of the Financial Procedures of PEPFAR implementing agencies such as the USAID and CDC will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Project Management.
- Computer skills including MS Project, Work and Excel.
- Knowledge and experience in the workings of the Public Service and the financial and procurement practices and procedures of the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago will be an asset.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
Terms and conditions of employment for the positions are to be negotiated with/determined by the Chief Personnel Officer, Personnel Department.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however unsuitable/late applications will not be acknowledged.