The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Financial Controller - Palo Seco Agricultural Enterprises Limited
Job SummaryThe Financial Controller is responsible for managing all the Financial and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) aspects of the Company’s operations
The Financial Controller is responsible for managing all the Financial and Information & Communication Technology (ICT) aspects of the Company’s operations in accordance with International Standards, to ensure the effective execution of all functions in a safe, customer focused, quality assured, cost effective and timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops the strategies/work plans for the Finance Department in accordance with the key requirements of the Strategic Plan in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer /Delegate.
- Manages the Company’s annual budget preparation exercise and monitors activities to ensure adherence to budgeting provisions.
- Practices effective risk management.
- Ensures that all financial obligations are adhered to.
- Provides advise to generate increased revenue through prudent investments.
- Develops, implements and reviews policies, procedures and systems related to financial planning, reporting and controls and directs the implementation to ensure compliance.
- Manages the Company’s payroll.
- Monitors and reports on the cash flow and liquidity of the Company in a timely manner.
- Analyzes the business environment and identifies events and trends that can affect the strategic goals of PSAEL.
- Ensures financial authorities are developed, reviewed and implemented.
- Establishes and maintains systems to ensure that Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are kept current.
- Prepares appropriate responses to both internal and external audit reports.
- Recommends programs for staff training and development to provide for the achievement of strategic objectives and succession planning for the Department.
- Ensures that the Health and Safety of employees within the Department is in accordance with OSH Legislation.
- Identifies, implements and evaluates ICT Systems company wide.
- Undertakes special projects as they relate to financial and ICT services.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required to successfully achieve job functions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- A recognized professional qualification in Accounting or Finance e.g. ACCA, ACMA, CIMA, CGA or a relevant Degree and registration with a professional accounting body.
- At least ten (10) years experience at a senior management level.
- Post Graduate qualifications will be an asset.