The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Food and Beverage Manager
Job SummaryBe the Consummate Host by managing the onboard food and beverage operations to achieve the highest levels of customer service, maximize revenue opportunities, and control operational costs consistent with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
- Demonstrated commanding presence with the ability and commitment to lead in line with all Company values and customer service ethic.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and accurate with strong management skills.
- Strong and personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Willingness to embrace Company values and Service Credo and lead by example.
- Commitment to demonstrate empathy and display and deliver genuine care to our passengers and staff, and continuously surprise and delight passengers.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
- Responds quickly to all passenger requests. Promptly investigates complaints or deficiencies and quickly resolves issues that affect beverage product and service.
- Regularly circulates among food and beverage areas to resolve irregularities, problems, and special situations in which staff members require senior level guidance or assistance and to gather feedback on product delivery and service.
- Ensures that all Bar, restaurant and galley staff provide an immediate positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting.
- Consistently coaches staff to interact with every passenger, observe and identify passengers' preferences and adjust service accordingly, anticipate passengers' needs, and engage in conversation while showing genuine interest at all times.
- Monitors the OBEs of all beverage service areas including Inside Lounges, Dining Room, Bellbox, Horizon Court, and Open Deck areas, in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, and provides prompt feedback to staff on their performance.
- Disc 1.& Ensures that hours, staffing levels, and beverage service execution are correct in all Public Lounges, Dining Room, Horizon Court, Bellbox, Crew Bar/Wardroom, and Open Deck areas.
- Ensures all food and beverage areas have the correct setup, appearance, and ambiance.
- Regularly reviews work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve revenue yield, service, and team performance.
- Verifies that key personnel are consistently placed in their areas of expertise to help generate revenue and provide excellent service.
- Reviews daily all schedules in conjunction with the Supervisors to identify shortages. Ensures that manning levels are forecasted correctly based on upcoming Food and Entertainment schedule.
- Receives ordered products and promptly inspects for correct product quality and quantity, in conjunction with the Hotel Inventory Manager.
- Helps the Hotel Inventory Manager accurately forecast future orders.
- Accurately maintains all maintenance logs and technical defects and promptly schedules vendor repairs and services.
- Collaborates with the Hotel Inventory Manager to conduct physical counts in Central Stores to confirm accountability and correct segregation of duties.
- Promptly identifies slow-moving stock in bars and restaurants and discusses options for use with the Food and Beverage Director and shoreside operations.
- Sets and maintains par levels for beverage stock and beverage-related hotel stores in all operational outlets.
- Ensures that subordinate staff conduct all Micros/Crunchtime Audit procedures as outlined in policies and procedures.
- Manages the correct landing/transshipment of any beverages or food related stock after consulting with shoreside operations.