The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Ground Service Equipment Mechanic
Job SummaryTo service and maintain, keeping in good order all Ground Service Equipment. To keep Seaborne Ramp and other Seaborne service agency’s with safe and reliable equipment that meets all local and governing laws.
As a GSE Mechanic for Seaborne Airlines, you will repair diesel engines as well as hydraulic, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Operate and drive all types of equipment – motorized and non motorized
- Perform and show competence in preventive maintenance per established schedules on all ground support equipment
- Respond to requests for on-call maintenance after hours on all ground support equipment if GSEManager deems necessary
- Provide trouble-shooting and diagnostic assessment of ground support equipment as required
- Prepare and paint ground support equipment to Seaborne standards as required
- Remove malfunctioning ground support equipment from service and ensure GSE is not returned to service until malfunction has been properly diagnosed and repaired
- Respond to emergency service calls as well as accidents involving ground support equipment
- Pick-up parts and material required for ground support equipment maintenance and repair
- Own and demonstrate proper use of tools, diagnostic equipment, etc. required for equipment maintenance and repair
- Complete all maintenance/repair documentation consistent with carrier, station, airport authority, municipal, state, federal and Seaborne requirements
- Comply with all federal, provincial, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Will retain a motor vehicle driver’s license for both air side / non airside in good standing at all times
- Follow all safety guidelines set out by SBA management
- Keep GSE shop and its equipment clean and serviceable at all times, report any and all deficiencies to management
- Fuel equipment as necessary with full regard for all safety and environmental requirements.
- Will liaison with Ramp management, customers and staff in a professional manner when needed
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical systems employing detection, analysis and diagnostic skills. Utilizing the working knowledge of one or more trade skills, i.e. carpentry, welding, plumbing and HVAC.
- Select proper tools and equipment indicated in manuals, training information and manufacturer’s guides using reading comprehension as well as oral and written communication to report findings, interact via telephone and portable radio and complete daily worksheets for each assignment.
- Transport company vehicles on or about the ramp area using depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors red, green, and yellow to negotiate vehicles between moving and stationary aircraft and other ground equipment.
- Tow, using depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors red, green and yellow, a“load bank” using another vehicle.
- Rebuild and refurbish electric motors, gearboxes, lockers, furniture, piping, lavatories, air reels, water reels and doors by lifting and carrying various weights; handling and reaching using gross hand and finger dexterity; analyzing, comprehending, calculating, diagnosing, organizing, listening, interpreting and prioritizing.
- Paint airport facilities (hangars, shops, traffic lines, etc.) including automotive equipment, stepping up and down, scaffolding and ladders; lifting 1-5 gal. of paint; operate gas and electric machinery associated with the application process for paint; handle toxic paints,thinners and reducers using basic hand tools including rollers and brushes by using gross. Sitting, standing, crouching or kneeling as well as lifting, turning, pushing and pulling are required.hand dexterity, bending, stooping and standing.
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis in accordance with Seaborne Airlines policy
Qualifications and Competencies
- Valid driver’s license and good driving background
- Knowledge of computer maintenance program, Maximo and Microsoft Office
- Good oral and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience
- Ability to pass a 10 year background check and drug test
- Knowledge of diesel automotives, hydraulics and electrical systems is preferred, but not required
- Willing to travel when necessary for training or to assist other Seaborne Airlines stations with Ground Service Equipment needs as required
- Have certification of completion in one of the following trades: Heavy duty/Commercial or Automotive mechanic license. Certification must be kept in good standing