The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Hospitalist at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
BHB ensures the highest in quality health care through service excellence, education and leadership. We seek qualified, highly motivated, and experienced professionals to work in a supportive but demanding environment.
This position is being advertised prior to contract renewals with a view to attracting suitably qualified Bermudians/Spouses of Bermudians. Registration with Bermuda Medical Council is mandatory.
- Works with other healthcare providers to improve the quality of inpatient care
- Function as the Medicine consultant to the Emergency Department, surgeons, obstetricians/ gynecologists and other medical staff members on request
- Direct care to adult surgical and non-surgical hospitalized patients
- Coordinate internal medicine subspecialty care
- Provide on call coverage 24 hours, 7 days per week onsite or off-site via telephone, responding within time frames established by the medical staff for emergent, urgent and routine requests.
- Review all medical admissions with the house staff to ensure appropriate management.
- Participate in the management of patients in the ICU
- Participate in medical staff quality improvement and review activities
- Participate in appropriate medical staff meetings, including quarterly Active Staff and Department of Medicine meetings
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of clinical pathways, protocols and other clinical effectiveness projects
- Participate in the implementation and improvement of systems to provide excellent service to patients, physicians and allied health professionals.
- Provide direction in the resolution of patient and relatives complaints to improve patient satisfaction as measured by provider surveys
- Participate with the Hospitals Clinical Resource Coordinators and staff in maintaining effective utilization and resource management and discharge planning
- Complete and maintain adequate and proper medical records in accordance with all legal, accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Comply with the Medical Staff Bylaws and policies of the BHB
- Maintain excellent working relationships and communication with the other physician members of the Hospitalist Service, BHB administration and BHB medical staff leadership.
- Participate as requested by the Director of the Hospitalist Service, in periodic team meetings, email and /or other communication methods to foster effective working relationships
- Perform other services as are reasonably assigned by the Director of the Hospitalist Service
- Conduct at all times in a manner consistent with and promotes the vision, mission and values of the BHB
- Awarded degree of MD, DO, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MB,BS) recognized internal medicine residency (3 years minimum)
- Board certification or the equivalent in Internal Medicine
- Valid Bermuda Medical Council license to practice as a Specialist in Internal Medicine
- Minimum of two (2) years in experience in hospital medicine post board certification or the equivalent
- Maintain membership with an internationally renowned professional body in internal medicine and or its subspecialties