The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
ICT Specialist, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
Job SummaryICT Specialist, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
~~RTI International is an independent nonprofit research institute and leading development organization headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has worked in over 150 countries and designed and implemented cutting-edge solutions in the sectors of economic growth, governance, education, and health. A cornerstone of RTI’s work is strengthening the capacities of local partners and systems in order to increase local ownership and ensure that host country individuals and organizations have the skills and resources to achieve their missions and sustain their services in the long term.
RTI is currently accepting applications for an ICT Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded Local Capacity for Local Solutions project that will focus on ten countries in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (ESC) region. These countries include: Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago. The project office and staff will be based out of Bridgetown, Barbados. The project will be four years in duration and is expected to commence in April 2017. This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding. The Barbados local compensation plan will be applied for this position.
The IT Specialist will be responsible for providing IT support to the project office in Bridgetown, Barbados as well as the anticipated project Hub Center on University of West Indies’ Open Campus. The IT Specialist may also provide limited support to other project hub offices throughout the region. The IT Specialist will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Support Windows PCs (XP / Microsoft Office 2009)
o Ensure Windows and other software is maintained and that patches are promptly applied on computers in the local office.
o Ensure anti-virus software is kept current.
o Ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with RTI policies and procedures.
o Provide user support on hardware, networking and software related issues.
o Configure and troubleshoot laptops / desktops / printers for staff and hub centers.
• Install Network Printers;
• Ensure that internet is working properly in project office and sites;
• Configure email on Outlook for new staff and troubleshooting email issues in coordination;
• Provide first level of support to the maintaining network infrastructure including ISP, router, and Ethernet switch;
• Maintain relevant databases for the project;
• Makes periodic visits to the hub centers, as needed, to ensure connectivity; and
• Help ensure that project website is functioning.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be a proactive person that is detail oriented and can work well independently. She/he will also be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines. She/he will also have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a diverse team.
Required skills also include:
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience in supporting information technology systems;
• Knowledge and experience with Windows Microsoft Office systems;
• Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations;
• Ability to troubleshoot connectivity and other issues related to staff IT issues;
• Willingness to learn and pick up new skills;
• Any IT Certifications will be a plus;
• HTML or Java Script experience and knowledge highly desired for updating website content.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates are invited to apply for this position and submit their CV and cover letter to RTI at www.rti.org/job17815 . Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.