The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAn opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, suitably qualified and experienced Industrial Hygienist to join the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Department at the Halse Hall, Clarendon location.
Under the direction of the EHS Manager, the position is accountable for:
- Providing technical resource for the assigned areas of the Refinery, Mines and Port operations focused on the objectives of Jamalco’s Industrial Hygiene Management System;
- Recommending and implementing approved state of the art Occupational Health and Industrial Hygiene management systems, designed to integrate planning, implementation, measurement and evaluation to ensure continuous improvement in health and safety performance;
- Providing technical support and direction for industrial hygiene compliance programs and practices;
- Providing highly specialized process knowledge and professional Health and Safety expertise for establishing, maintaining and continuously improving control and capability of plant processes to meet the EHS policy and to comply with Jamalco’s procedures and Government regulations;
- Identifying opportunities and existing Health and Safety technologies in the use of the worldwide industry that will reduce EHS incidents and excursions outside permit limits;
- Providing technical counsel regarding EHS technology and procedural direction to less experienced technical, maintenance and operating personnel;
- Reviewing, evaluating and advising on proposed environmental, safety and industrial hygiene capital projects associated with the assigned operating areas of the Refinery, Port and Mining operations.
Education and Experience
To be considered you must have:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental, Chemical, Physical, Biological or Chemical Sciences;
- A minimum of three (3) years experience gained through in-depth work with environmental control technology, production processes and unit operation in the Bauxite/Alumina Industry;
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, consultants, government agencies and visitors;
- Be proficient in the execution of technical data accumulation, management and interpretation duties;
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.