The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Infection Control Nurse (HPC/RN 4), Cornwall Regional Hospital
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ an Infection Control Nurse for the Cornwall Regional Hospital.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing Services, the incumbent’s core functions will include:
- Detecting and recording the occurrence of nosocomial infections throughout the hospital on a systematic and current basis.
- Analyzing surveillance reports for presentation to infection control sub-committee.
- Advising hospital personnel about the policies related to infection control.
- Initiating epidemiological investigation of all significant cluster of infection.
- Developing and implementing improved infection control measures.
- Developing and maintaining close liaison with the local health department in the reporting and investigating of infectious diseases cases in the hospital.
- Developing and conducting in-service training programmes related to the prevention and control of nosocomial and other infectious disease.
- Evaluating the state of environmental cleanliness by liaising with responsible departments in the hospital.
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong observational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of epidemiology principles
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Health Nursing from an accredited institution
- Masters in Public Health or Community Health would be an asset
- Minimum of one(1) year working experience in a similar capacity
- Current registration with the Nursing Council of Jamaica
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted