The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Inspector – Audit
Job SummaryThis officer will work as part of a team of Inspectors with responsibility for monitoring the activities of Real Estate Dealers and Salesmen in accordance with the provisions of relevant statutes.
- Provides guidance to Dealers & Salesmen related to legislative requirements and industry best practices.
- Conducts routine inspections to ensure compliance with statutes.
- Conducts Industry and Staff Training.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding action to be taken where breaches are detected.
- Skill in current investigative techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the Real Estate (Dealers & Developers) Act, Registration (Strata Titles) Act and other relevant laws and practices as it relates to the Real Estate Industry.
- Knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) and the Terrorism Prevention Act and other legislation relevant to Anti-money Laundering and the combatting of terrorism financing would be advantageous.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Professional designation such as ACCA or CPA; or First Degree in Business Administration/Management Studies majoring in Accounts.
- Three (3) years’ Auditing or Accounting experience.
The post requires the incumbent to have a reliable motor vehicle with which to perform official duties.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.