The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the operations and accounting systems and procedures of the organisation.
The incumbent will be responsible for reviewing the operations and accounting systems and procedures of the organisation. He or she will provide independent, objective assurance and advice to help the organisation accomplish its objectives through a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness ofinternal controls and governance processes.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans & conducts financial and operational audits throughout the Company.
- Conducts audits including a review of all operational aspects of the EMBD in addition to finance and accounting issues.
- Conducts periodic physical verification of assets and liabilities, as outlined in reports.
- Verifies the accuracy of information in the accounting records.
- Assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of the business processes of the organisation.
- Advises on ways to improve the systems in use in the organisation.
- Performs related duties as may be required from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of accounting principles and methods and their application to governmental accounting
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good oral and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management or Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA, CIA or certification in Auditing.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a similar position.
- A suitable combination of qualifications and experience shall be considered.