The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Spectrum Management Authority (SMA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Internal Auditor.
Responsibilities Reporting to the Chairman of the Audit Sub-Committee of the Board of Directors, The Internal Auditor carries out independent evaluations of the effectiveness of the management of the Authority's financial, physical and information resources to ensure adherence to established organizational, fiduciary and statutory standards, and to facilitate the organization achieving its vision, mission and goals. Principal duties include:
- Work with the Board of Directors and management team to ensure that systems are in place which identify and analyse all the major risks of the Authority on an annual basis, and make recommendations to manage such risks.
- Performing walk through, site visits and other appropriate audit tests and make recommendations.
- Planning, organizing and executing the internal audit function. This includes preparing an audit plan which fulfills the agreed responsibilities of the department.
- Reviewing the SMA’s compliance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations and prepare reports as required by stakeholders such as the Auditor General and Ministry of Finance.
- Conducting any reviews or tasks requested by the Audit Committee and the Managing Director, provided that such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal audit function.
- Assisting individuals who perform operational and financial activities with risk assessments and actions plans in their responsibility areas to heighten awareness of major exposures, loss potential and/or transactional anomalies, and facilitate discussions of practical ways to manage or avoid them.
- Chartered Accountant certification or equivalent.
- Three to five years’ experience at the management level.
- Formal training in audit procedures, including planning, techniques and sampling methods involved in conducting audits.
- A high level of proficiency in the use of computer applications, including auditing software.
- Thorough knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
- Knowledge of Government of Jamaica procurement procedures would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Salary – $1,951,796 - $2,635,239 per annum
- Two (2) year contract (renewable)
- Gratuity – 25% of basic salary (per annum) payable at the end of the contract period
- Other approved benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest in our company, but advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.