The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryAs the International Host or Hostess, you will provide personalized customer service, language assistance and translation to our valued guests, enhancing their understanding and enjoyment of their exciting Celebrity experience.
- Maintains the highest level of guest satisfaction by answering inquiries, offering suggestions, and providing descriptive literature in various languages regarding shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment, and other available guest accommodations
- Welcomes non-English guests, serves as a translator when needed in any department, translates documents and announcements, and arranges for a variety of invitations, reports, and letters to be prepared in various languages
- Assists guests with translating spoken passages, documents, and other material from one language to another. Provides consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages
- Works closely with the Documentation Officer in regards to Customs and Immigration during the embarkation and debarkation process .
- Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads, and crew members to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Verbal and written proficiency in English, Spanish, Italian, German and French (a language proficiency test may be required).
- Working knowledge of computers, internet, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college, university or the international equivalent
- Customer service experience utilizing a variety of languages in the hospitality industry