The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Investment Projects and Implementation Manager (GMG/SEG 4)
Job SummaryUnder the supervision of the Divisional Director, the Investment Projects and Implementation Manager is charged with implementing special projects deemed as critical to the Ministry and political directorate.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Supports the designs and implementation of investment related policies and programmes.
- Prepares the Division’s Operational Plan and Annual Budget.
- Provides administrative/technical support and policy advice to the Divisional Director.
- Provides policy advice to the political directorate regarding investment facilitation and investment mobilization by identifying issues that act as constraints to the productive sector and formulates proposals/corrective measures for the development of sector;
- Identifies issues that act as constraints to investment, and formulates proposals/corrective measures as required;
- Coordinates meetings with business sector interests and public sector entities to assess the impact of government policies and programmes;
- Represents the Division on committees relating to and impacting on investments, and prepares reports for distribution to the Divisional Director, Permanent Secretary and political directorate.
- Evaluates the performance of agencies under the Division by ensuring that the requisite submissions (Annual reports, budgets, Procurement Plan, Cash Flows) are made on a timely basis;
- Ensures programmes and activities carried out by the agencies under the purview of the Division are in alignment with the government’s priorities, and that they are being effectively implemented.
- Liaises with agencies under the purview of the Division to ensure that Cabinet and Ministerial approvals are obtained in a timely manner.
- Prepares cabinet submissions and position papers for review by the Director and Permanent Secretary.
- Co-ordinates/organises investment related activities and programmes in consultation with JAMPRO
- Collaborates with JAMPRO to attractively package investment opportunities
- Oversees programme implementation with regard to specific investment projects under the purview of the Investment Division
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of staff training programmes.
- Manages the welfare and development of direct reports through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development programmes;
- Provides leadership to Section staff through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication;
- Promotes a work environment within the Section that encourages continuous learning and new skill development;
- Ensures that staff member(s) in the Section is/are performing the range of duties/responsibilities appropriately and within allowable parameters and is/are held accountable;
- Develops and reviews the Section’s operating procedures and systems to meet the goals and objectives of the Branch, Division and Ministry;
- Provides guidance to Section staff through coaching, mentoring, training, providing assistance and support as needed;
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of staff for the Section;
- Ensures that Section staff is aware of and adheres to the policies, procedures and regulations of the Division, Ministry and Government;
- Ensures that the staff has sufficient and appropriate physical resources to undertake their duties efficiently and effectively;
- Communicates information on the Division’s work to colleagues and staff within the Ministry.
- Convenes regular meetings with member(s) of the Section to discuss job scheduling and any other issues/problems that affect the Section so as to arrive at solutions to achieve the Division’s objectives;
- Maintains effective working relations with external and internal stakeholders and clients to ensure that the Section provides a consistently high level of service to them.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Divisional Director, Permanent Secretary and or Minister.
- Excellent analytical and economic research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and management skills
- Sound knowledge and training in project management
- Knowledge of Government procurement procedures
- Ability to manipulate relevant computer softwares e.g. word processors such as Microsoft Word and Note pad.
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Negotiating and Persuading
- Project Management
- Strategic Planning
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters’ Degree in Economics, Management Studies, or any other relevant area.
- At least six (6) years’ experience at a senior management level
- Certification in Project Management
- Supervisory experience
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.