The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent will assist the IT Administrator in the management and maintenance of software, hardware and other peripheral equipment and services.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in recommending the purchase of all computer hardware and peripheral equipment by the Company.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of computer hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Assists with the deployment and installation of all hardware and software systems.
- Assists in providing technical support for all hardware and software systems.
- Assists in the provision of helpdesk services in accordance with establish standards and procedures.
- Assists in troubleshooting hardware and software-related problems and takes corrective action, where necessary.
- Undertakes integrity checks on new and existing equipment.
- Assists in the development, monitoring and maintenance of an effective disaster recovery plan.
- Assists in the development and implementation of data security procedures.
- Performs related duties as may be required from time to time.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve network hardware and software problems.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organisation skills.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certification in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in computer operations with hands on experience in an IT environment.
- A suitable combination of experience and qualifications shall be considered.