The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Jr. Bar Server
Job SummaryResponsible for beverage service and sales in the workstation that is assigned to him/her in the public bar or lounge.
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for promoting and maximizing beverage sales in the assigned workplace, while following & ensuring that all company beverage service standards are being adhered to.
- Follows company guidelines regarding uniform, personal grooming & hygiene.
- Ensures that company policy in regards to drinking age is followed, & practices responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Helps maintain the bar & pantry areas at all times in accordance with USPH / FDA and SEMS rules and regulations, including following guidelines relating to the correct use & maintenance of all bar equipment.
- Ensures the assigned workstation is properly set & prepared to meet the daily business demands.
- Provides prompt, attentive, consistent & courteous service to every guest in the assigned workstation, & through this helps to achieve the yearly goal for the bar scores in the guest comment cards.
- Strives to always up-sell to better quality premium & super-premium products, & is able to recommend & suggest beverages when guests ask for assistance in selecting them.
- Effectively communicates any problem, challenges, complaints or service difficulties in a timely manner to the Bartender on duty or immediate supervisor.
- Maintains an attentive & proactive approach offering consecutive rounds of drinks, asserting satisfaction with the product served.
- Responsible for the correct registering & proper handling of all individual checks & sales transactions generated in the assigned workstation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Cocktail Waiter in a high-volume 400+ room 3 Star – 4 Star land based resort/hotel, or previous shipboard experience in the same position is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required; and other languages are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros is required.