The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Junior Internal Auditor
Job SummaryCheddi Jagan International Airport Corporation hereby invites suitably qualified applicants to fill the post Junior Internal Auditor.
Key Responsibility– utilize a systematic and disciplined audit approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management, control and governance processes.
Core job functions:
- Assist in the preparation of audit plans and audit programs for assurance engagements.
- Assist in the planning and execution of assigned segments of audits (financial, operational, compliance, investigative, etc.).
- Obtain required information, directly or indirectly, through examination of records, or interviews with staff.
- Execute detailed audit procedures; including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports, policies and procedures for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Analyze data obtained to detect irregularities, or lack of compliance, with policies and procedures.
- For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness, and where appropriate, draft potential recommendation for improvements.
- Prepare working papers, documenting adequately, work performed.
- Draft segments of the reports and communications of work performed
- Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls, and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
- Certified Accounting Technician, and must be pursuing the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) courses.
- A minimum of one (1) year relevant auditing experience.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommend possible solutions.
- Planning and organizational capabilities required.
- Strong report writing and analytical skills.
- High professional and ethical standards, use of initiative and discretion at all times.
- Ability to communicate, orally and in writing
Remuneration is commensurate with qualification and experience.