The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Kitchen Maintenance Technician
Job SummaryGrand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Kitchen Maintenance Technician.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Duties include to repair, replace, or calibrate controls, thermostats, switches, fuses, and electrical wiring in various types of food service (kitchen) cooking, baking and refrigeration systems.
- Wire and connect motors, compressors, temperature controls, and humidity controls according to wiring schematics and maintain freon dispensing records to meet local requirements.
- Successful candidate will be using Transcendent Program to perform and track all kitchen and laundry maintenance schedules for all food service (kitchen) and refrigeration equipment, including changing of filters and cleaning condensers and coils.
- Will be receiving and completing work orders and taking initiative to select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Will be responsible for maintaining inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials and inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean. In addition to this candidate will need to follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing and operating tools and equipment etc.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio).
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance.
- Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.