The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to plan, organize, coordinate and make recommendations for maintaining landscaping programmes and supervise the implementation of such programmes for properties managed by SADCo.
Responsibility will also include assistance with the development and execution of revenue generating projects and programmes for the Plant Nursery.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Horticulture or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Landscape Supervisor in a hospitality or commercial complex
- Certificate in Supervisory Management
- Sound knowledge of horticultural/landscape systems, chemicals, safe and proper chemical application, practices and techniques
- Sound knowledge of irrigation systems and insect control programmes
- Sound knowledge of the required equipment, tools and material
- Exposure to landscape architectural plans
- Knowledge of quantity and cost estimates of landscape projects
- TPDCO Team Jamaica Certification would be an asset
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms
- Good supervisory management skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good planning and time management skills
- Good human relations skills
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to multi-task and work on own initiative
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy
We thank applicants for their interest but only short listed candidates will be contacted.