The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe University Libraries invites applications for a full-time Law Librarian to oversee the management of the law collections.
- The successful candidate will be dynamic and innovative with a strong commitment to service within a diverse community;
- have experience working within a Voyager software environment;
- strong analytical skills;
- strong leadership capabilities;
- demonstrated knowledge of legal research and resources;
- a sound understanding of emerging technologies and the ability to apply them within the library setting;
- and a strong commitment to developing a cohesive and strong integrated library service within the academy.
- Reporting to the Deputy University Librarian, the Law Librarian has oversight of the law reference desk services and collections; responsibility for training, mentoring and evaluating staff evaluating reference desk services and usage of collections and making appropriate recommendations;
- recommending policies and procedures that meet established standards;
- participating in budget analysis and preparation;
- monitoring expenditure of approved budget allocations;
- coordinating collection development activities in keeping with established policies;
- supervising full-time and part-time staff and student workers;
- conducting bibliographic and information literacy sessions;
- preparing reports; attending professional and general staff meetings;
- serving on library and college wide committees;
- engaging in research and professional activities;
- working evenings and weekends on rotation.
- Applicants must possess at least a master’s degree in Library Science from an accredited institution and a minimum of five years post qualification experience, preferably in a Law Library;
- skills in library automation, manipulation of legal database, online searching, bibliographic and information literacy instruction, and evidence of managerial or supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Commonwealth and Caribbean legal systems would be an asset.