The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Learning and Development Manager
Job SummaryPrincess Cruises has excellent shipboard opportunities for Learning and Development Managers with experience in providing dynamic training support in high volume or multicultural environments.
The Learning & Development Manager is responsible for effectively developing and delivering shipboard training programs and liaising with all departments to create an optimal training experience in support of management and crew and in line with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Consult with onboard leadership and all departments to deliver customized, relevant learning solutions that support overall operational needs in line with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
- Communicate effectively with internal customer to determine learning support needs based on a thorough assessment, including personal interviews, on-the-job performance observation, metrics analysis and/or passenger and operational feedback.
- Support all leadership development and delivery efforts for ship based employees from strategy to operational execution.
- Facilitate leadership development and learning courses, workshops, events and activities including team building activities and other critical meetings.
- Actively participate with Human Resources Learning & Development Department to implement, test, and pilot new training projects/initiatives.
- Evaluate current programs and performance using analytics, statistics, metrics, trends, and direct feedback and makes relevant suggestions for ongoing enhancement.
- Oversee participant enrollment processes.
- Conduct follow-up evaluation to measure impact and identify curriculum improvements.
- Support large-scale organizational effectiveness and change management efforts.
- Adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
All responsibilities must be conducted in accordance with our Core Values and the CRUISE program.
- Candidates interested in this position must have the following qualifications and experience for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, HR or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a training and development position that includes program delivery and assessment.
- Prior experience delivering leadership content.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Prior people management experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of staff levels in the company.
- Demonstrated high level of computer fluency in Microsoft Office applications.