The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Agricultural Extension
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Agricultural Extension.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD in Agricultural Extension or Extension Education with:
- Experience in teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in the areas of specialization
- A record of research and publications in the field of extension and related areas in refereed international journals.
- A sound record of work in the field of Agricultural Extension will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of Caribbean extension services.
- Knowledge of Agricultural Extension Systems worldwide.
- Sound knowledge of the operations and management of Agricultural Extension programmes especially in the Caribbean
- Familiarity with current; climate change, sustainable development issues, small island development states, issues.
- Must assist in the vision and leadership of the University’s Agricultural Extension programme
- Must contribute significantly to teaching, research and curriculum development in Extension at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Conduct applied research in areas such as agricultural extension and other related fields.
- Supervision of postgraduate student research leading to MSc./MPhil/PhD degrees.
- Develop Caribbean Agricultural Extension Systems and Methodologies, and design modern Extension Programming approaches.
- Contribute to outreach activities in the wider Caribbean.
- Play an active role in the Caribbean Extension Providers Network (CAEPnet), including at the leadership levels.
- Develop proposals for research funding.
- Must have good command of English, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate is expected to be inspirational, dynamic and visionary, must work well with students and staff and must interact successful with farmers, other Extension clients, industry stakeholders.
- Being a self-motivated person will be an advantage.
- Be a team player, ability to work and collaborate with regional experts in field of Caribbean extension.