The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Psychiatry
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Psychiatry.
Qualification and Experience
- Specialist qualification in Psychiatry recognized by the University of the West Indies such DM, MRC Psych with CCT from the American Board of Psychiatry
- Considerable postgraduate experience in the specialty
Further consideration would be given to candidates who possess:
- An additional postgraduate degree from an approved and accredited university/institution
- Formal specialist training as well as expertise in a sub-specialty
- Certification in Medical Education
- Teaching and Supervision of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students
The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment. Candidates should possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also have Teaching/Research experience and a good publication record in peer-reviewed journals.