The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer in Structural Engineering
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Lecturer in Structural Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience
- The successful candidate should possess a PhD in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Membership in an internationally recognized Professional Body or Engineering Institution
- An outstanding record of teaching, proven research expertise and or industrial experience as a distinguished Civil/Structural Engineer.
- An exceptional track record of grant awards, original research, publications and scholarship appropriate to the position of Lecturer, is essential.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer
Special Expertise/Area of Concentration
- The strength, behaviour and design of civil engineering structures; hurricane and earthquake
- resistance of structural components and systems; static and dynamic analyses; advanced
- engineering mechanics.
- The candidate will be expected to co-ordinate teaching in the Structural Engineering stream of subjects in the B.Sc. and M.Sc. programmes in the department, broaden the research activity to increase research output in the department, and engage the international community in these areas.
- The Department places high priority on individuals who can work well in a team environment.
- Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of English is essential.
Candidates must also possess:
- The ability to interact positively with academic and students within the University, as well as with practicing professionals
- The ability to interface with Government and Industry
- A student-centered approach
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership and team building skills and academic development experience