The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Internal Medicine
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill Campus, Barbados.
The successful applicant must have a postgraduate qualification in Internal Medicine (with or without an additional subspecialty qualification) and be a graduate of a Medical School recognized by the Barbados Medical Council. This should be such that the applicant is registrable as a specialist by the Barbados Medical Council and meets the criteria for consultancy at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital.
A Postgraduate research degree (e.g. MD/PhD) and Postgraduate qualification in higher education would be an asset.
Applicants should have at least 2 years post qualification experience (e.g. at the level of senior registrar or consultant).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities may include among others:
- Designing and overseeing the teaching of Internal Medicine to undergraduate medical students, including clerkship coordination;
- Teaching, coordinating and managing the postgraduate training programme: Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Internal Medicine;
- Assessing students and residents by setting and correcting examination papers, and examining at clinical exams;
- Participating as an examiner at University exams both locally and overseas at sister campuses
- Coordinating end of clerkship examinations;
- Coordinating University examinations (MBBS finals, DM exams);
The successful applicant will be expected to assume duties by August 1, 2017 or as soon as possible thereafter.