The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Legal Officer (JLG/LO 3)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Legal Officer (JLG/LO 3) in the Legal Services Unit of this Ministry.
To assist in the provision of legal expertise to the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service, inclusive of the Accountant General’s Department, with respect to the provision of legal advice and support to the Ministry’s programmes and the preparation of cases for adjudication.
- Assist in the provision of legal advice necessary to support the Ministry’s programmes and the Accountant General’s Department.
- Provide support and assistance in relation to the advancement of the Ministry’s annual legislation programme.
- Provide support and assistance in the preparation of contracts and other documents.
- Liaise with the Attorney General’s Chambers, the Office of the Chief Parliamentary Counsel and the Department of Legal Reform in relation to legal and legislative matters.
- To liaise with other Ministries, Departments and Agencies of Government where such liaison is required in relation to the job function.
- Further and other duties as may be assigned.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Sound knowledge of portfolio specific laws, namely:
Constitutional and Administrative law
− Revenue Law
− Company Law
− Contract Law
− The Law of Tort
− Financial Regulatory Laws
− Proceeds of Crime legislation
- Excellent legal research, investigative and analytical skills
- Competence in the use of computers
- Bachelor of Laws Degree
- Certificate of Legal Education
- Be admitted to practice in Jamaica
- Four (4) years post qualification experience
Salary : $2,342,159 - $2,784,091 p.a.
Travelling Allowance : $707,448 p.a.
Library Allowance : $187,835 p.a.
Robing Allowance : $140,000 p.a.
Laundry Allowance : $40,000 p.a.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted