The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Lifestyle Director Pool and Beach Experience
Job SummaryTo develop and implement current lifestyle activities that appeal to a wide range of personalities and ages.
To complete needs assessments to determine how often activities will be offered, how seasons will affect these activities and what space is available for participants. To generally provide a multi adventure resort lifestyle to all guests while introducing daily and nightly pool and beach activities and entertainment for all.
Resort activities should be appropriate for the location and may reflect a theme. A director of Lifestyle must research possible activity ideas, trying or sampling new activities and evaluating them as needed. Must stay informed about new trends in the field to offer popular activities. Group activities may include sporting activities such as volleyball and lessons, beach/sand games such as sand soccer, pool events such as karaoke nights or wine tastings, or activities such as crafts and dancing lessons among many other games and events. The Lifestyle Director will lead, delegate or implement activities including booking live entertainment, etc.
Must create an activity schedule that reflects the resort's needs. Must vary the activities to ensure the schedule appeals to as many guests as possible. Activity schedules should not interfere with other resort events and may need to complement other scheduled events.
Supervise Recreational Staff
Supervise other recreational staff members including Kids Club Attendant and Activities coordinator. Also be responsible for training other employees as necessary, introducing them to procedures or new activities as needed.
Communicate Activities to Resort Guests.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Update websites, produce newsletters or make calendars to highlight specific events. Work in tandem with all Pool and a Beach Managers and concierge and communicate with Director of Convention service to ensure no overlap of activities or locations are a challenge. Additionally, may send out invitations, publish brochures and update signage.
Manage and Maintain Recreational Needs
Provide accurate picture of the activity equipment to which are available. For special events, may need to secure tents or extra chairs, games, etc. Ensures activity equipment remains clean, prepared and properly maintained.
Knowledge – But not limited to
RED SAIL SPORTS:
Develop and maintain an open and professional working relationship with the RSS team on resort and headquarters. Develop in sync beach programming that reflects the overall pool and beach experience and objectives including but not limited to SUP rentals and clinics and all other non-motorized beach sports. Develop RSS training to complements each other’s objectives and improving sales and profits for each operation.
Develop, create and execute the best on-site beach programming on the island to include but not limited to Beach Yoga, Yoga Aquatics, Zumba, volleyball clinics, SUP clinics, SUP Yoga, paddle tennis and all other beach programming available. Work in Tandem with pool and Beach Assistant manager in charge of programming to ensure consistent messaging of products and services.
Develop and maintain a superior cabana ambassador program to include but not limited to: Cabana F&B Menus, added value plans, cleaning services throughout the day and maximizing revenues. Develop a yield strategy to maximize rental during low, medium and high season and prepare an electronic reservation system to avoid double booking.
Develop an aggressive in-house marketing plan to maximize all pool and beach sales including but not limited to: Tortuga Beach Grill and Bar, Tortuga Bar, Cabana (pool and beach) sales and cabana F&B Packages. Develop strong social media messaging to include details of services and products, promotions and beach programming.
Develop a seasonal live music and entertainment package to increase in-house capture ratios and increase local patronage from the surrounding area. Implement weekly and monthly events involving F&B on the beach events to improve top line revenues and create a local and in-house following during all seasons.
- Develop, implement and execute a full training program for all skill sets of pool and beach staff. Organize daily pre-shift meeting, weekly training plans and monthly departmental meetings. Review daily all GEI scores and measure results against brand standards. Coach and Counsel as necessary to improve individual and team performance
- Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various areas programming.
- Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of activities and lifestyle to achieve a profitable result and a memorable guest experience
- Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs among all sub-departments if activities require such.
- Assist the area managers in establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
- Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the beach and pool area. Recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up of the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
- Develop (with the aid of sub-department heads) operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, i.e., budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
- Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in the activities and lifestyle division of the pool and beach experience. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development in the lifestyle arena.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: But not limited to
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(English) used in the workplace.
- Must possess experience in the activities, entertainment and events management
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on the beach/Sand – stand for an undetermined length of time
- Ability to work under the sun throughout the using protective gear and sunscreen.
- High school, college or university education required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years’ experience in overall, Pool and Beach Programming, Entertainment and Events as well as direct management experience.
- Experience developing in-house and local/Regional marketing, advertising and Social Media plans.
- Training and Service background required.
Bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.