The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitable qualified individuals for the position of Maintenance Engineer.
- Develop and manage systems and procedures for regular inspection of equipment, routine servicing and preventative maintenance.
- Monitor repairs of motor vehicles and equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications for the efficient and economical service.
- Maintain close liaison with the Operations Coordinator and Fleet Supervisor regarding the NWA's fleet availability
- Maintain records including cost,type and time of service/repairs by liaising with the NWA's Regional Supervisors, "Motor Vehicle Inspectors" and Accounting Department.
- Monitor all NWA vehicles/equipment for properly maintained log books.
- Recommend the disposal of unserviceable NWA vehicles and equipment in accordance with the applicable"Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Approve estimates and final invoices for repairs to vehicles operated by the NWA and other Ministries, Agencies and Departments.
- Maintaining the Agency's list of NWA Certified Garages capable of satisfactorily repairing Government owned and operated equipment.
- Sound knowledge of the Government Motor Vehicle Policy;
- Sound knowledge of Motor Vehicle and Equipment operational systems, components and performance standards;
- Competent in MS Office Suite and computer applications and systems;
- Highly developed decision making, problem solving and leadership skills;
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Five years' experience in a similar post with at least three (3) years in a supervisory position
- Possesses valid General Driver's License (minimum 10,000 kgs/Open)