The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Human Resource & Administration (GMG/SEG3)
Job SummaryThe Early Childhood Commission (ECC) is seeking to identify a suitably qualified individual to fill the vacant post of Manager, Human Resource & Administration (GMG/SEG3).
Description of Duties:
The Manager, Human Resource and Administration is responsible for guiding and managing the overall provision of human resource and administrative services, policies, and programmes for the organization. The incumbent will initiate and lead human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, high level of productivity, goal attainment, recruitment and retention of a superior workforce.
Key Responsibility Areas
Human Resources Planning & Organizational Development
- Establishes in collaboration with the Executive Director and other senior officers, the strategic direction for the Human Resource Management portfolio in support of the corporate goals of the organization.
- Advises on organizational development issues as part of the senior management team,
- Prepares and monitors Unit Plan and annual budget for the Human Resources Management and Administration Division.
- Develops and disseminates HRM policies and procedures and make available copies for easy access by staff.
- Oversees compensation policies and procedures; reviews compensation information and recommends appropriate benefit packages in keeping with current market trends and GOJ policies
- Ensures the development of the Performance Management Appraisal System and liaises with managers and supervisors to ensure its effective implementation.
- Provides leadership in the development of a supportive work environment that fosters a culture of consultation, high performance, continuous professional development and ethical behaviour among staff members.
- Serves on internal committees, working groups and /or adhoc task forces providing human resource management expertise and contributing to the attainment of organizational goals.
- Designs, develops and maintain effective HR systems, processes and practices
- In collaboration with ICT personnel, develops HR information management systems to ensure that certain information is readily available
- Maintains the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual
- Selects and supervises HR consultants, attorneys, and training specialists and co-ordinates the organizations use of insurance brokers, pension administrators and other service providers.
- Conducts periodic space planning exercise to facilitate growth and expansion.
Human Resource Management
- Gathers and compiles data and conducts analysis to determine staffing needs to meet the organizational objectives
- Undertakes various human resource functions in respect to staff supervised, including but not limited to hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and vacation scheduling
- Develops and implements a succession plan
- Establishes priorities within the department and ensures compliance with human resource and operational policies and procedures, and relevant laws and regulations
- Manages the design, development and implementation of training and development programmes
- Promotes employee health and safety throughout the organization and ensures that employees observe health and safety rules, policies and procedures and handles issues that may arise.
- Coordinates and participates in grievance/disciplinary investigations, hearings and appeals
- Conducts exit interviews on the resignation of supervisory/managerial staff
- Monitors human resource data for trends and provides reports, statistical information and recommendations to the Executive Director
- Ensures that accurate human resource records and files are maintained and that confidential records are protected
- Organizes, directs and monitors scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work on the ECC’s facilities and equipment (excluding computer related equipment).
- Monitors the functioning of security, janitorial, telephone, messenger, mail, recordkeeping, reception and other office services to ensure efficiency and effectiveness; ensures prompt resolution of major problems/issues that may arise.
- Plans and organizes training activities for Human Resources Management staff
- Plans and conducts regular and ad hoc meetings with subordinates to inform them of changes to current standards, policies and practices and to resolve any problems which may arise.
- Manages the welfare and development of staff in the HR Unit through the preparation of performance appraisals and recommendation of required training and development programmes
- Manages the work of subordinates through effective objective setting, delegation and communication and monitors their performance
- Provides guidance to staff through coaching, mentoring, training, providing assistance and support as needed
- Ensures that staff is aware of and adhere to the organization’s, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Designs workplans and programmes
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- First Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent qualifications
- Five (5) years working experience as a human resource generalist including three (3) years at a managerial level within a Public Sector Environment.
Functional / Technical Competencies
- Sound knowledge of the professional practices and principles of human resources management
- Sound knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of collective bargaining and grievance handling
- Sound knowledge of administrative management principles and practices
- Working knowledge of relevant computer packages including human resource management information systems
- Knowledge of contract administration
- Written and oral communication skills
- Human and Interpersonal skills
- Coaching, counseling and interviewing skills
- Customer services principles and techniques
- Leadership skills
- Judgment and decision making
- Negotiating skills
Salary Range: $2,202,403 to 2,617,965 per annum
Motor Vehicle Upkeep Allowance: $707,448.00 per annum
We appreciate all applications, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted