The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Information and Communications Technology (MIS/IT 6)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Manager, Information and Communications Technology (MIS/IT 6), Institute of Forensic Science & Legal Medicine.
To oversee the activities of all areas of Information Communication Technology in the Institute of Forensic Science and Legal Medicine; formulates, develops and implements Information Communication Technology (ICT) policies, plans and strategies to guide the Institute in achieving its goals and objectives both in the long and short terms.
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Manages the Institute’s Laboratory Information System (LIMS) database;
- Reviews the Institute ICT policies and procedures in accordance with industry standards ;
- Participates in the Institute’s strategic planning process – prepares and monitors the Division’s operational plan and budget ensuring the work of the Division is carried out according to plan and agreed targets;
- Participates as a member of the management team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing division performance;
- Provides guidance and advice to the Executive Director and Senior Directors on matters relating to ICT;
- Represents the Institute at meetings, conferences and other functions; Prepares Annual/Quarterly/Monthly and other Reports as required.
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies to guide and inform the use of ICT in the Institute. Map the business processes of the Institute and recommend new systems to improve productivity
- and efficiency
- Facilitates the development of a robust and resilient ICT infrastructure through proper planning, forecasting and adherence to international standards in design and implementation
- Plan the virtualization of the operating environment to increase productivity and reduce cost
- Establish on-going systems analysis for systems improvement and directs new system development. Provides technical expertise to the Institute
- Directs the development of security strategies to protect the network and data.
- Directs the development of benchmark and baseline performance testing for in-house systems. Oversees the development of systems for the care and maintenance of computer and network
- Develops and maintain short and long-range plans for the implementation of technology within the Institute.
- Develops reviews, evaluates and recommends proposals for hardware and/or software acquisition. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment,
- and/or systems.
- Develop training plan for ICT staff to achieve and maintain the relevant technical competencies to deliver quality IT support and service to the Institute
- Charts new marketing direction for the Institute by utilizing social business Plans the implementation of open source platforms to reduce IT Costs
- Adapt and change ICT polices based on new internal and external demands
Human Resources Responsibilities
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of direct reports, prepares performance appraisals and recommend and/or initiates corrective action where necessary to improve performance and/or attaining established personal and/or organizational goals.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Division/Unit and recommends transfer, promotion, termination and leave in accordance with established human resource policies and procedures.
- Provides leadership and guidance to direct reports through effective planning, delegation, communication, training, mentoring and coaching.
- Facilitates welfare and development of staff in the Division/Unit
- Establishes and maintains a system that fosters a culture of teamwork, employee empowerment and commitment to the Division’s and organization’s goals.
- Contribute to the development and implementation succession planning framework in collaboration with the Human Resource Division through the development of procedural manuals and other duties prescribed within the framework
- Prepares and conducts presentations on role of the Division/Unit for the Orientation programme
SPECIAL CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE JOB:
- Typical office working conditions will be required to work long hours, after hours and on weekends and public holidays when the need arises.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Written and oral communications skills. Leadership and Management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills Initiative
- Teamwork and Cooperation skills
- Sound knowledge of networking technologies and software development principles
- Knowledge of international standards and best practice in IT policy development and implementation
- Ability to direct and coordinate the development and integration of integrated computer systems involving network infrastructure and client/server business applications.
- Knowledge of data security systems disaster recovery procedures
- Ability to evaluate and assess computer systems and hardware/software proposals for technical merit, cost effectiveness and business application
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in their area of specialization.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in ICT Discipline with relevant managerial experience Five (5) years of experience in a related field
- Project Management training
- Masters Degree in an ICT discipline with relevant managerial experience would be an asset Certification in Cisco Network Administration would be an asset
- Certification in Microsoft System Engineering would be an asset
Please note that we thank all for responding but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.