The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
Job SummaryTo manage the development, implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive health and safety management system for the creation and maintenance of safe working conditions and practices as they relate to the operations of the Health Sector
- Provide professional guidance and input on all related Health and Safety issues at the NWRHA
- Plan and institute policies and procedures and approaches for the management of Health and Safety issues in the region
- Develop and publish a workable Health and Safety manual that is applicable to the NWRHA
- Institute systems to ensure that guidelines are followed and adhered to by staff and public at the institutions of the NWRHA
- Training and education of all staff on issues relating to Health and Safety
- Direct and control the planning and implementation of established events and programmes to ensure the achievement of approved work targets
Minimum Requirement and Experience
- A University Degree in Occupational Health and Safety from an accredited institution.
- Postgraduate training in Health and Safety Management/Emergency Management/Business Continuity.
- At least seven (7) years' experience in the Health and Safety field, two (2) of which should have been at middle management level.