The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Mechanical Laboratory Technician
Job SummaryThe Faculty of Engineering and Computing, School of Engineering, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the positions of Mechanical Laboratory Technician.
The selected candidates will be responsible for preparing laboratories for classes, assisting students in conducting and recording experiments as well as maintenance and repairs of instrumentations and equipment.
IDEALLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician in an industrial setting.
- Knowledge of common industrial transformation processes,
- Knowledge of a/c & refrigeration / hydraulic / pneumatic / robotics.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and testing mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.