The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Media Lab Technician
Job SummaryThe Journalism and Mass Communication Department is seeking a Media Lab Technician.
- The successful candidate will be expected to manage the daily operations of both radio studio and journalism lab at University of The Bahamas.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to assisting students in audio and video production classes with editing audio and video segments for broadcast and other projects;
- supervising work-study students assigned to the journalism lab;
- maintaining a daily log of use of video and audio equipment;
- troubleshooting technical editing software difficulties;
- maintaining upkeep of radio studio and media lab, supplies and inventory;
- coordinating the scheduling and organization of students using both studio and lab.
- The position requires a background in media production and studio management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of radio show production, including uploading audio/video segments and programmes to web outlets and distribution;
- Mac computers and technical troubleshooting, audio board mixers and playback;
- Adobe editing software, including Premier Pro CC, Photoshop, Character Animator, Audition and After Effects is required.
- In addition, the individual must have strong organizational skills, exceptional customer service skills, a team oriented positive attitude the ability to work with a high degree of independent judgment.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Media production or related field and 1-3 years’ experience at a television station or film production company or an audio studio or in podcast production is required.