The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Medical Officer 2 (HPC/MO2), Black River Hospital
Job SummaryThe southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Medical Officer 2 (HPC/MO2), Black River Hospital.
Qualifications and Experience :
- Graduate of an accredited Medical School plus
- Satisfactory completion of internship and Senior House Officer Programme
- Registration with the Medical Council of Jamaica
- Five (5) years relevant post registration experience or two (2) years relevant post registration experience and an acceptable (post-graduate qualification (i.e. any relevant Diploma or DM) –HPC/MO2
- Must see all admissions, examine them, determine their management and make appropriate notes in the dockets.
- Assist with the follow-up of ward cases, with notes in the dockets.
- Assist in preparation of discharge summaries, death certificates and other relevant documentation as required.
- Assist with the training of interns in special procedures, methods of management, etc.
- Carry out or assist with such procedures as are within his competence.
- See referrals from other firms and departments, and make referrals, ensuring they are acted upon.
- See patients in clinic, including members of staff.
- Conduct out-station clinics where applicable.
- Do post Mortems and attend court as witness in Medico-Legal cases if necessary.
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged