The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Men's Basketball Coach/Wellness Center Manager
Job SummaryThe position is responsible for the men’s basketball program, which will compete in the LAI league, NAIA, and against other regional and national collegiate teams.
- The successful person would assist in recruitment, and building a team, and coordinating team development on both campuses.
- The Coach will also help with coordinating tournaments for the sport.
- As the General Manager for the Wellness Center, this position is responsible for the entire operational and programming duties of the center.
- The GM is the main liaison between the Wellness Center and the university clientele.
- They are also the site supervisor for all staff and serve as the business operations manager.
- All programming and scheduling is created by the GM with the support of the Athletic Department.
- The General Manager maintains a clean and safe facility in accordance with OSHA and VI Department of Health standards
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preference will be given to applicants with degrees in the areas of Physical Education, Sports Management, or related areas.
- Coaching experience is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking communication skills; computer literacy (including Microsoft Office, Internet)
- Current certification with national certification organization (ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACE) preferred.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification also preferred.
- The position requires ability to coach at a fairly high level and manage the Wellness Center.
- While performing duties of job, employee will be required to stand, bend, stoop, reach, kneel, twist, grip items when necessary, hear and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment will probably be moderate to loud at times.