The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Monitoring & Evaluation Director
Job SummaryWe are recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director who will work with the hospital and U.S.-based teams to enhance the culture of monitoring and evaluation.
SBHF is committed to an evidence-based approach to achieving its mission of improving the health of the people of southern Haiti. To that end, we are recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director who will work with the hospital and U.S.-based teams to enhance the culture of monitoring and evaluation. The M&E Director will guide and implement efficient and effective hospital and organizational performance measurement systems to allow for the continued and improved collection and utilization of reliable data. He/she will ensure that existing systems are strengthened to the degree that they can provide accurate, reliable information collection and reporting. As SBHF expands activities to respond to the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Matthew in October 2016, the M&E Director will also play a crucial role in this disaster response.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the hospital-based Monitoring and Evaluation team ensuring they have the resources and oversight they need to work effectively to meet their priorities.
- Develop a high-level hospital and organizational performance monitoring plan in collaboration with hospital leadership to set clear priorities and goals for data collection and analysis.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and team and the hospital leadership team to identify a timeline and work plan for the implementation of an electronic medical records system and community health data collection tool activities.
- Lead SBHF Disaster Response data collection and M&E efforts
- Design and implement outcome and impact studies.
Synthesize high quality data and evidence from all departments at the hospital to provide a strong foundation for informed decision making (by the hospital leadership, Board of Trustees, etc.)
Build capacity across all departments at the hospital by collaborating with department heads to run reviews and discussion of selected hospital health impact indicators.
Ensures that all grants have comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans and that all donors receive timely and complete reporting
Ensure that findings and recommendations from evaluations are reported and recorded for follow up implementation.
Collaborate with the IT and Finance Departments to ensure recommended upgrades to technology are implemented as needed to
Participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in health care or a related field
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Demographics or an M&E related field.
- Demonstrated analysis and data management skills as well as analytical skills and experience in identifying and evaluating best practices and evidence based approaches to patient data collection and analysis.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with the Ministry of Health, donors, and project partners and to provide technical M&E leadership and represent SBHF
- Effective prioritization and time management skills
- Strong interest in using technology to enhance productivity and upgrade systems
- Ability to solicit information from all staff and stakeholders, and logically and reasonably weave it into decision-making.
- Ability to pursue a strong vision for the big-picture planning as well as detailed implementation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and willingness to learn how to manage and problem-solve new software and hardware.
- Experience working with statistical databases (Stata, SAS, etc.)
- Strong written, oral, and communications skills with the ability to clearly communicate strategies and activities between clinical, administrative, and leadership teams at SBHF
- Fluent in oral and written English and French (knowledge of Haitian Creole is a plus)
- Dedicated to serving vulnerable populations
- Location Fond-des-Blancs, Haiti with quarterly travel to the Newton office.