The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Online Facilitators: B.Sc. Accounting - Mathematics for Social Sciences I
Job SummaryThe Programme Delivery Department, is currently inviting applications for online facilitators in the Discipline of Accounting
Responsibilities of facilitators in the Accounting Programme include:
- providing instructional leadership in an online course
- moderating online discussions
- grading and providing feedback on activities and assignments
- responding to individual and/or group concerns and queries
- fostering a healthy, learner-centred, online teaching-learning environment
- A Master’s degree in a discipline relevant to the content area(s) for which he/she is applying.
- Reliable access to a computer with fast speed Internet connectivity.
- Good working knowledge of the Internet and use of Microsoft Office products
- Good written communication skills for interacting in the online environment
- Sensitivity to the needs of students from diverse settings and backgrounds.
- Experience in teaching/training adult learners at the tertiary education level, in the public sector or in the industry.
- Persons who have formal qualifications in the academic discipline and also have practical experience working in financial institutions will enjoy an advantage
- Persons with professional teacher qualification and/or experience teaching online will have a distinct advantage.
Successful candidates will be required to complete UWI Open Campus training in online instruction, technology software and curriculum requirements prior to the start of teaching
Facilitators will be paid a fixed fee on satisfactory completion of all assigned tasks; this fee covers a contribution towards the cost of Internet usage for the course. All fees will be subject to tax.
Interested applicants must complete the UWI Open Campus application form along with a cover letter and curriculum vitae.