The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for the efficient running and administration of the organization’s payroll and expense accounts. Includes implementing and checking payroll and taxation changes on an on-going basis.
- Contributes to departmental business plans and priorities by applying company policies and procedures to resolve a variety issues
- Sets priorities for team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Typically a graduate, although may have progressed into the role via equivalent business experience that provide knowledge and exposure to fundamental, theories, principles, and concepts
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
- Provides input on the development of policies and procedures for the payroll process and timekeeping.
- Oversees the maintenance of earnings and deductions records.
- Ensures the generation of the company payroll, including vacation and sick leave accrual, overtime and withholding status.
- Meets all government reporting requirements for payroll taxes, withholding and employer contributions.
- Directs the preparation and filing of required reports and/or payments to government agencies, employees and other organizations.
- Builds relationships with other departments in the resolution of payroll issues.
- Recommends changes in methods and procedures to improve the efficiency of the payroll function.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Demonstrated successful performance in key finance roles
- Minimum Comprehensive knowledge of payroll policy, practices and procedures.
- Minimum Exceptional analytical ability
- Minimum Demonstrates financial awareness, with a high degree of numeracy and interest in finance.
- Minimum Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
- Minimum Experienced in managing people and leading teams/virtual teams Preferred Demonstrates a proactive approach to work with initiative and drive